May 14, 2013

Jazz Love: Lena Horne

I clearly don't know enough jazz lovers (how is that possible), because the death of Lena Horne was barely a blip on my facebook news feed, which, I am sorry to say, is usually how I get my news these days.  But, guy, Lena Horne passed away on Friday, and the world is a slightly less classy place because of it. She was truly a lady: gracious, elegant, with a voice like liquid, a fine sense of humor (I mean she appeared on Sanford and Son!). So I went YouTube digging, and here are a few jewels I found, including an absolutely adorable duet with Judy Garland.

I've had "Stormy Weather" stuck in my head since Friday. Rest in peace, Lena Horne.







1 comment:

  1. it takes 3 years to get news online, most of my google search comes up from 2007 to 2009 articles. totally useless in this matter. here is a good example of that.

    http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/05/11/lena-horne-dead-twitter-hoax-dies/

    love lena, love jazz

    ReplyDelete