February 07, 2013

Jazz Love: It Might As Well Be Spring

I'm loving this song, "It Might As Well Be Spring" -- I've been humming it all week on my commute to work. It's one of those that I actually prefer instrumental versions (which is rare because the closest I'll ever get to being a jazz singer is singing along in the car) -- the melody is begging to be played with.

And, fact: it might as well be spring. This cold clear days we've had (here and there) are fine, and I do love the little clippers that drop a dusting of snow over night, but the robins are ready for spring, and so are the daffodils, and so am I.



As long as you're asking, though, my favorite recording of this tune is from the magnificent live recording: An Evening with Mel Torme and George Shearing (song | album)

1 comment:

  1. My tastes in jazz are not so sophisticated as yours, but I do love Rosemary Clooney's rendition so! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN2Y6oKVyw4

    ReplyDelete