November 09, 2012

Clippings & Jam Sale Today and Tomorrow




Firstly: thank you so much for your continued prayers for my friend Neil Wenzel. I went down and visited him and the family this weekend, and will have some reflections on that next week. But I really hope you continue to pray for them, and for all of us.

Secondly: I'll be back to regular blogging next week. It's been a pretty crazy few weeks for me, but I'm pulling through. Also, all next week I'll finally be announcing my Fall/Holiday jams. I can't wait to share these with you!

And don't forget the sale this afternoon and tomorrow!  I'll be there all afternoon today, and till 1 tomorrow, but you can come anytime. I'm telling you: at this sale you won't need to do any more Christmas shopping! I mean, look at the beauty of this bowl! (And that's the popular pear with vanilla and bourbon jam in the bowl.)

Now, some diversions:

Totally doing this. And by doing this I mean adding to my pinterest board of crafty DIYs that I will, honestly, never do. (Design*Sponge)

Jeepers, creepers, where'd you get those peepers? (The Sartorialist)

Basically the perfect boots. (Spotted on Ann Street.)

Speaking of shoes: here are the 50 ugliest in history. I have never owned any of these, I am happy to say. (The Cut)

Oh my gosh, Ben Hatke and his daughter Angelica drawing Superman. So cute. (Art & Adventure)

My literature prof from highschool is also a fine poet. These are his reflections on the election in poetic form. (Well...any election, really, since this was written in 1988). Ps. I can't remember the particular name of this form of poem, but I can tell you it comes from a Medieval Italian song meter. He will no doubt correct me in the comments this afternoon, so check back if you are really interestedFlammeus Gladius)

Reason #102,092,423,834 why libraries are awesome

"I am an absolutist on this front. There is no place for an appetizer course in a proper Thanksgiving meal. You can serve oysters, because as Liebling knew, oysters don’t take up any space in the stomach. And you can serve a bisque because my father did, or you can serve whatever dish it is that you have always served in your family in advance of the meal. I am not here to tell you your traditions are wrong. They are never wrong. But really there is no need to serve an appetizer course. The scent of a roasting turkey is a good appetizer." - Sam Sifton (DALS)

Oh, forgotten standards. (Do you see what I did there?) (Letters of Note)

Recipes for the next hurricane / blizzard / nor'easter / derecho / day-you-need-to-clean-out-the-pantry. (Food 52)

Did I tell you already? The English OPs are dong a fantastic series on the Councils of the Church. Find them all here. (Godzdogz)

No comments:

Post a Comment