September 10, 2012

Monday Clippings


My goodness what a weekend. A blessed and marvelous and exhausting wedding, for which I did the flowers (above), and at which I met a million awesome people, wore a hat, and held lace that was literally comissioned by Napoleon. And almost got caught in a tornado. And spent time with some dear friends who were visiting for the wedding. And sat outside for as long as humanly possible. It will take me a month to recover from this. But fall has descended on DC, and it feels marvelous.

First Andy Warhol, and now Jack Kerouac. Are all the idols of the left actually conservative Catholics? (The American Conservative)

Seinfeld Posters ftw. (A Cup of Jo)

I want to go to there. Though I've been following this photography blog for years, I am not really sure where there is.  But yes. I want to go to there. (Apron + Birds)

Joss Wheedon's Much Ado About Nothing looks interesting. And I can't believe I am linking to EW! (EW)

File this under: Engineers are the coolest -- The toothbrush that saved the space station. (The Atlantic)

I can't believe I've never seen this statue that Henry Adams comissioned for his wife's tomb. A stunning meditation on death. (Three White Leopards)

Mr. Newton and I are friends for many reasons, not the least of which is our total inability to walk out of a bookshop empty-handed. And our love of obscure British comedy. Those loves come together in this great post. (Blog of the Courtier)

There's a DC Food Swap. Are you going? (DC Food Swap)

"Too many glasses" is going to be written on my tombstone. A lovely birthday tribute from R that just made me laugh and laugh. (Spoon)

2 comments:

  1. I'm also shocked that you've never seen "Grief," especially since there's a copy in the American Art Museum. It's on the second floor, in a recess on the east end, I believe. Go now! It's breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are friends because you are AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete