August 09, 2012

Clippings: A Day Early, I know.

Why yes. I am eating this plum cake right out of the pan. #magsbreakfast

Posting these a day early, because I already have a billion of them, and oh my gosh, I am already beat by this week. Above is another shot of that plum-cake which I am wishing I had to eat right now. Make it, kids. So easy.  See you Monday!

Can I just say: this is the most perfect house ever. And, though I love teal, I never in a million years thought I would want a teal carpet. But give me an Italian villa, and, golly, I do! (Design*Sponge)

Color Spectrum of Princess Catherine's wardrobe. (Daily Mail)

The Greatest Lists in literature. (Flavorwire)

A cool installation piece using Euro Coins. Even more interesting is the story of its destruction. (Maud Newton)

In Defense of Towns, a great piece by the great Tony Esolen (The Public Discourse)

Vosages is not my favorite kind of artisan candy, but I have to hand it to the women who started it, Katherine Markoff: she makes incredible combinations that really work. Read about her inspiration in this neat interview. (Wall Street Journal)

Not sure I really want to "live in" The Talented Mr. Ripley, but yes, it is perfect visually. (Design*Sponge)

Fun braided hairstyle for those of us with short hair. (The Beauty Department)

A neat Asian-twist on guacamole: Bankokamole. (Food 52)

Many of today's Olympians have barely hit puberty. But one of the gold medalists last time London hosted was a Dutch housewife who won while three months pregnant! Read about her story. (Smithsonian via Hong Kong Housewife)

I am going to do a big post about my friend Christina Grace's new blog, The Evangelista, but, in the meantime, I can't bear you guys missing this fascinating survey she did on men's views of women's clothing: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4.

Two summer Panzanellas, including this charming video from The First Mess (I am so making these this weekend):

No comments:

Post a Comment