July 27, 2012

Clippings: Summer's Bounty




Recently most food photography has been leaving me cold. But, goodness gracious, these stone fruits (above) are just killing me. So so so beautiful. (Hungry Ghost)


I have seen this drapey jacket in about 15 style posts this week. I love it. Finally I clicked on it, and Hark! Tis only $64! (Sheinside)

I hope roving restaurants are still trendy when I get enough experience to have one of my own. This one is clearly awesome. (Remodelista)

Jamgria! (What Julia Ate)

The summer issue of Wayfare is lovely.

My name is a lie. But then, yours is too, probably. (Simcha Fischer)

Frame by frame dissections of the New York in classic New York Movies (Annie Hall; Ghostbusters) and much more awesomeness on Scouting New York.

Hail the Tomato Salad!  As simple or complicated as you wish. Plus, 50 food bloggers are speaking out against the awful working conditions of tomato workers in Florida. You can find all those posts here.

Writing Thank Yous are easy. So is making phone calls. Why, then, do people suck at it? (Miss Manners)

What? You're still not going to DC's amazing famer's markets?  Here's a cute illustrated guide. You have no more excuses. (Edible DC)

I love the Olympics. And for this, I love them more. (via Persephone Post)

Single Christians: the world needs your witness! In response to a discussion Jennifer Fulwiler had with two gay friends from college, she is considering the question of loneliness, chastity, and a "life without love." Her thoughts, distilled in this excellent article, are so jam packed full of greatness that I can't even quote from it.  Read it all! (NCR)

Finally, my friend Mona posted this great quote from St. Francis de Sales that I am taking as my motto for the month of August: "You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working, and just so, you learn to love by loving. All those who think to learn in any other way deceive themselves."

1 comment:

  1. I believe in writing thank you notes, but I hate writing them. It's a simple enough task, but it just doesn't come easily to me.

    I love the quote from de Sales - it was just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete