May 14, 2012

Jazz Love + Music Mix: Mom Loves Jazz


Did you know (I have probably mentioned it before) that I can attribute 90% of my taste in music to my mom and grandmother (both pictured above). I love jazz (and especially jazz standards) because my mother loves jazz, and she loves jazz because her mother loved jazz. I dare say Mom was one of the few teenagers still listening to Nat King Cole and Hoagy Charmichael in the 60s. I know I was one of the few teenagers still listening in the 90s. 

So here's a special mix for my awesome mom and grandma. Maybe yours will like it too?

I Can't Get Started, Bobby Short from Celebrating 30 Years at the Cafe Carlyle
Makin' Whoopee, Frank Sinatra from Songs for Swingin' Lovers
All of Me, Louis Armstrong from The Story of Louis Armstrong
Minnie the Moocher, Cab Calloway from The Blues Brothers
Ding! Dong! The Witch is Dead! Ella Fitzgerald from The Complete Ella Fitzgerald Songbooks
Didn't He Ramble, Harry Connick Jr. from 25
Lazy River, Hoagy Charmichael from Hoagy Sings Charmichael
Stardust, Nat King Cole from The Best of Nat King Cole

Listen in full by streaming below, or visiting 8Tracks.  Find other mixes here.



No comments:

Post a Comment