April 16, 2012

On the Hunt: Full Skirts



I keep seeing full, knee length skirts, and dresses with full skirts in fashion blogs and magazines. But I have been to nearly every store in Washington on the hunt for them, and I can't find any.  Everything is short and tight. Which, by the way, is incredibly uncomfortable in hot sticky weather (like we're having today).  I guess I'll just have to make a couple for myself. Have you found any great summer skirts yet? (Photos: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6)



  

5 comments:

  1. I saw and coveted this one: http://anthrpl.ge/HHWdeY for months until I walked into the store one day and found it - in my size - marked down to $39 from $180. Sold! It's not lightweight though, which is fine here in the great white north but maybe not so much in DC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds unlikely, but you might try Coldwater Creek. Something like this, perhaps: http://www.coldwatercreek.com/product-detail/59028/65559/printed-tuck-skirt.aspx?refLink=outlet-skirts.aspx&Skn=outlet

    ReplyDelete
  3. After years of not wearing skirts, I'm learning to love them. Forever 21 (of all places) has a pleated/accordion skirt in nude and black. I can't speak for its quality but I've seen it on a couple of bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, maye try digging around a bit on Etsy? A search for "full skirt" brings up heaps of results - including plenty of gorgeous vintage ones. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, that should be "maybe", not "maye".
    Also, this Etsy shop has some skirts you might like: http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonandsoda?section_id=7778847

    ReplyDelete