April 02, 2012

Holy Week: Magnolia

For Holy Week, I'm sharing a few photos from my most recent black and white roll of film. The film is from six weeks ago--the very early part of spring and the beginning days of Lent. We've exploded into blossoms and color by now.  Have our souls?  Are we ready for the coming of the Lord's Passion and Resurrection? I'm not. So, I've paired them with a few poems and quotes for these final days of Lent.



Although I have lived through much darkness ... I have seen enough evidence to be unshakably convinced that no difficulty, no fear is so great that it can completely suffocate the hope that springs eternal in the heart of the young ...

Do not let that hope die! Stake your lives on it! We are not the sum of our weaknesses and failures; we are the sum of the Father's love for us and our real capacity to become the image of His Son.

― Blessed Pope John Paul II, World Youth Day, Toronto 2002.
(who died on this day 7 years ago.)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful - especially the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and a poignant reminder.

    ReplyDelete