March 30, 2012

Quotable: The Breakfast Table

Sunshine Macciato

(I have no idea who Trent Walton is, but: yes yes yes a million times yes!)

“There’s something sacred about reading a blog post on someone else’s site. It’s like visiting a friend’s house for a quick meal ’round the breakfast table. It’s personal — you’re in their space, and the environment is uniquely suited for idea exchange and uninterrupted conversation. In many ways, we should be treating our blogs like our breakfast tables. Be welcoming & gracious when you host, and kind & respectful when visiting.”
– Trent Walton via SwissMiss

PS: I am beyond grateful for all the people who come to my breakfast table--this little blog. Since the theme of my year (spiritually) is "Be Thankful," then this seems as good a time as any to say what I don't say enough to my readers & friends: Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. And thank YOU! I really do love your blog. I may have just opened 10 new tabs in my browser from your latest Clippings post . . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast is my favorite meal to share with friends. Breakfast food is delicious and not too hard to make and I love the (late) morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful for your blog. It never fails to brighten and soften my day; it's a little oasis of peace, beauty and wonder in this so often angry and frightening world of ours.
    Also, you introduced me to Saint Francis de Sales.
    So, thank you.
    Mena

    ReplyDelete