February 15, 2012

Mix: lovelovelovelovelove



Ah!  It has been ages since I've made you all a mix. So, a day late, but no less charming, here's a little collection of jazzy love songs.

lovelovelovelovelove
by wondrouspilgrim

HOORAY FOR LOVE by Bobby Short, from 30 Years at the Cafe Carlyle (buy)
HELLO YOUNG LOVERS by Mel Torme from Mel Torme Swings Shubert Alley (buy)
LET'S FALL IN LOVE by Diana Krall from Live in Paris (buy)
COME EASY, GO EASY, LOVE by Dave McKennon from Classic Hoagy Charmichael (buy)
ALL THAT I NEED IS LOVE by Melody Gardot from Worrisome Heart (buy)
I FALL IN LOVE TOO EASILY by Chet Baker from Chet Baker Sings (buy)
THE FIRST THING YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN LOVE by June Christy
LOVE WALKED IN by Dave Brubeck Quartet from Live at the College of the Pacific (buy)
IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE by Julie London from Her Name is Julie (buy)
WE ARE IN LOVE by Harry Connick, Jr. from We Are In Love (buy)

I gotta tell you: these are a few of my favorites. No real rhyme or reason to them--some are happy love, some are sad love, some are eager love, some are mellow love--but they are all on constant rotation in my iTunes. I wish the Classic Hoagy Charmichael was available digitally, as I doubt many of you will purchase it, but it is one of my favorite box-sets of all time.  The Dave Brubeck Quartet's Live at the College of the Pacific is early Brubeck at his finest.  And Bobby Short! Oh, how I love him.  No one sings Cole Porter better.

1 comment:

  1. Nice mix! I don't know if it's so much romantic as just fun jazz. :)

    ReplyDelete