January 16, 2012

Lemons & Long Weekends

I'm sitting in bed, in my warm, messy room, listening to a few poor souls click-clack down the sidewalk--on their way to work. My window and my bed faces East, so I can see the creeping fingers of dawn (Homer was so right with that phrase). The sky turns pale blue, then the softest orange, and pink, and then, miraculously blue again.

I've got big plans for my day off. Cordelia and I are going to the best thrift store in town, and then I am coming home and finishing two batches of Lemon Marmalade. And my laundry.

I've already accomplished so much this weekend, though you might not know it by looking at the apartment. The tree is down; the disintegrating rug has been thrown away and the floor washed about 25 times. (It was unbelievably disgusting.) And piles and piles of lemons have been prepped. Marmalade--a three day process--is not for the faint of heart.

I know life is a balance, and not all weekends, even when I have my Saturdays back, are going to be such a perfect balance between relaxation and accomplishment. Still, with friends nearby and work I love, I'm starting to feel on top of the world.

Ah! The sun is up! Let's get going!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment