November 28, 2011

Guys! I made a pie!

You know, I have never, ever, ever made a pie crust.  Every time I made a pie, I used a store bought crust - usually TJ's which has, thankfully, lots of delicious butter. I used to watch the Barefoot Contessa make pie crusts in her Cuisinart, and thought it looks, if you'll forgive the expression, as easy as pie. But I never dared to try to attempt it on my own.

Until last night.  I used the Joy of Cooking's Flaky Pastry Dough recipe, and adapted it (according to their instructions) for a food processor, and baked it for 10 minutes before putting in the pumpkin pie filling.  It was the final delicious bite of a completely perfect holiday weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That is no little feat, especially considering how daunting cookbook writers make it seem. :-)

    ReplyDelete