November 17, 2011

The Great Debate: Pinterest v. Tumblr


Have I mentioned that I am on tumblr (above) and pinterest (below)?  I've been playing with both of them the last couple weeks, trying to decide which I like better as an archive of images and recipes and DIY and so forth. And I can't really decide which I want to carry on.  On the one hand, pinterest is very convenient, and I can organize everything into boards of any theme.  On the other hand, tumblr looks so much cooler.  I love the daily visual change of my site of a new image with the ones already posted.

They both have good internal communities, and lots of creativity and flexibility.  I think pinterest will win out in the end, because of the organizational aspect.  But, well, I'll keep playing for a while, and see.

Are you on either sites?  Let me know so I can follow you!

PS. My tumblr is named for my very favorite line in all of Shakespeare.  Anyone know which play and who's the speaker?


5 comments:

  1. I'm on both. I use tumblr much more as a blog/blogroll resource, whereas for my own stuff I want to organize, I put it on Pinterest. Lately, however, I've been having issues with Pinterest not "finding images" for the links I want to save. Have you run into this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy enough to keep both, as neither (for me, anyway) require that much thought or presentation. Pinterest is what it is, and you've got your nice Tumblr theme to go with, so it's just another outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinterest is great! And now I'm following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on both too. I am trying to decide on which is the better platform. I am more biased towards pinterest but I am also a fan of instagram and I often post my photos from instagram straight to tumblr :D

    In fact, like you have mentioned both are great platform :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:04 PM

    Pinterest is Facebook friendly, Tumblr is not.

    ReplyDelete