October 03, 2011

A Very Full Weekend

Golly, waking up this morning (in the dark. Ugh, I hate that!) it took me a couple minutes to realize that it is Monday, and I have to go to work.  I don't really feel like I had a weekend (except that everything I did was awesome): Friday evening I roasted a chicken, using Laurie Colwin's recipe, and finished purging in my apartment in preparation for the flea market. Saturday I woke up at 4:30 to make it to the flea market on time.  (We thought.  Turns out, if you want an indoor spot, you've got to get there the night before.)  Then, after we arranged everything, it started raining.  We had to re-arrange in a makeshift spot, barely under cover.  Then a full shift at Grape + Bean, and Miss Hale's birthday party which ended at 3 am.  Sunday, not 4 hours later, I woke up and got started prepping for my Jams by Mags photo shoot with Kim.  A sleepy Mass, coffee and breakfast with Miss Hale, and an intense photo session all afternoon followed by dinner and soup and cheese and jams.  I tell you, I fell asleep in two seconds when I finally made it to bed.

And woke up to a clean kitchen, a big bowl of pumpkin muffins, and that wonderful cool crispness in the air because our heater is not yet working.  If autumn is going to be this intense and this charming, then I think I'm going to love it.

I also love these Dahlias.  (How's that for a segue.) From Design*Sponge's new flower column.





No comments:

Post a Comment