October 19, 2011

Four Years of the St. Jude Novena


Guys: we have been praying the St Jude Novena together for four years!  Four!  This is amazing.  Join me again this year as we gather our intentions for hopeless causes and impossible requests.  (When you pray the novena to St. Jude you also promise to promote his name and help. One prayer talks about how his name is shadowed by the name of Judas, the traitor, so its our job (if you will) to restore his good name.)

O most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, people honor and invoke you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, for I am so helpless and alone. Please help to bring me visible and speedy assistance. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (state your request) and that I may praise God with you always.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
St. Jude, worker of miracles, pray for us.
St. Jude, help of the hopeless, pray for us.

The novena ends October 27.

For other versions based on specific circumstances (including troubled marriages and relationships, and financial assistance), please visit here. If you'd like to donate to a St. Jude Cause, I'd recommend his shrine at St. Dominic's in San Francisco.  You can also sign up for a daily reminder at Pray More Novenas. (Icon by Robert Lenz)

If you'd like your intention to be remembered by all of us, list it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment