August 22, 2011

Salt and Light





Today S and M are starting graduate school.  These two remarkable, gracious, thoughtful women have been in DC for the past year and a half, and I have not seen them nearly enough, and now they're gone.  But in their stead, they've left their friendship, their courageous witness to Christ's providence, their thoughtfulness. Perhaps most of all (and I don't know if you know this, girls), they inspire me every day to carry on with my work and pursue my goals and seek beauty and wisdom in every corner of my life.

Good luck, girls!  I cannot wait to see what you achieve on these new roads.


It is our part to seek,
His to grant what we ask;
ours to make a beginning,
His to bring it to completion;
ours to offer what we can,
His to finish what we cannot. 
--St. Jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment