August 02, 2011

Gillian Welch, Live!

I am so very excited!  Tonight I am going to hear Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, live!  I saw her once before, in the O Brother Where Art Thou glory days at the Strictly Bluegrass Festival (back when it really was Bluegrass mostly). It was a short set, and she performed with several other people, and all I really remember was the deep fried zucchini and the sunshine and the cold wind and wishing I had a beer.  It was fantastic.

Well, music like hers ought to be heard outside, of course.  Tonight we're at the Strathmore, which is gorgeous, and has great sound. Too bad I didn't make it to the Newport Folk Festival, where she and Rawlings performed some of their hits (and some of the songs from their new album, The Harrow and the Harvest)--bottom video. Five hours till showtime!






No comments:

Post a Comment