June 28, 2011

When Did Talbot's Become so Chic?



This Sunday I went with my Aunt to Talbots and I just fell in love. When did they get to be so charming and chic? And they are cut for real women's bodies; for example, the stripes above are so flattering on the diagonal. My Aunt and I bought the same blouse. Should I mind that I am wearing the same blouse as my 80 year old Aunt?  I don't think so. It's a great blouse, and besides, she is one of the classiest people I know. (A lot of these pieces come in other awesome colors. And they are all super-duper on sale!)

Stripey V-Neck Blouse // Linen Pants // Floral Skirt // Blue Linen Skirt // Stripey Sundress // Silk Skirt // Gold Sequin Sheath

4 comments:

  1. Talbots corporation isn't doing well because of all their changes! I really don't like all the changes -- too trendy instead of being the "classic" they used to be. The choices you picked I do like, but most wouldn't look good on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed the Talbots online catalog for quite a while--great for finding classic, chic, and often modest pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE both blue skirts. You can be sure I'll be making a trip to the Talbot's here to scour the sale racks very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EB! I bought the blue linen one and it is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete