May 13, 2011

Our Lady of Fatima

No clippings post today, and it will probably take me a couple days to get yesterday's posts back. Just, basically, blogger will be a mess for a while, it seems.

Meanwhile, I will ask you to join me in praying this last day of the Our Lady of Fatima Novena, on this, her great feast, for my friend D, who is currently in surgery. The most recent update says that it will be at least another 6-8 hours before the surgery is complete, and that there won't be any news till then.  I'll try to update when I hear more, but I thank you in advance for all your prayers for D, his surgeons, and his wife and family.  

PS. The reading at Mass was the Conversion of St. Paul. That reading always hits hard.  Can we ever convert so fully? PPS. This was also the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on Pope John Paul II.  He attributed his recovery to the protection of our Blessed Mother, and visited Fatima on several occasions in thanksgiving.  I think D could have no better patron that Our Lady, and Blessed Pope John Paul II.

Our Lady of Fatima icon written by Svyatoy Nikolay


Most Holy Virgin, who has deigned to come to Fatima to reveal to the three little shepherds the treasures of graces hidden in the recitation of the Rosary, inspire our hearts with a sincere love of this devotion, so that by meditating on the mysteries of our redemption that are recalled in it, we may gather the fruits and obtain the conversion of sinners, the conversion of Russia, and this favor that I so earnestly seek... (State your request here...) which I ask of you in this novena, for the greater glory of God, for your own honor, and for the good of all people. Amen


Say the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be three times each

1 comment:

  1. This audio says that says that the Vatican was supposed to have released the 3rd Secret of Fatima 50 years ago?

    http://www.merkaba.org/audio/benedict.html/

    ReplyDelete