May 04, 2011

Our Lady of Fatima Novena

Our Lady of Fatima icon written by Svyatoy Nikolay
The novena to Our Lady of Fatima begins today and extends through May 13th. I love this novena, and I always forget about it--but this year I cannot forget.  I am saying it for a dear friend who is undergoing very serious surgery on May 13th, the feast of Our Lady of Fatima.  I hope you will join me in praying this novena, and, if you will, offering some prayers for D, his surgeons, and his family.


Most Holy Virgin, who has deigned to come to Fatima to reveal to the three little shepherds the treasures of graces hidden in the recitation of the Rosary, inspire our hearts with a sincere love of this devotion, so that by meditating on the mysteries of our redemption that are recalled in it, we may gather the fruits and obtain the conversion of sinners, the conversion of Russia, and this favor that I so earnestly seek... (State your request here...) which I ask of you in this novena, for the greater glory of God, for your own honor, and for the good of all people. Amen


Say the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be three times each

Inside the Shrine to Our Lady of Fatima, in Portugal


If you can fit in one more special intention, Julian's dad is undergoing his second heart surgery in a week today.  Please keep him in your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Mary H.3:05 AM

    Please pray for the conversion of sinners & the salvation of souls, & for peace. Also for the desperate spiritual & temporal needs of my family living & deceased. Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us! Jesus, I trust in YOU!

    ReplyDelete