May 02, 2011

Another Twist!



Have I ever told you about the first time I watched the Stanley Donen film Charade, with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn?  Its a marvelous movie, suspenseful and thrilling, and quite stylish to boot. I honestly think I was only 10 or 11, and Mom bought a copy of the video, and we watched it as a family.  Dad and Mom knew it well, but I suppose it must have been quite a while since they had watched it, because every time there was another twist in the plot (there are many), Dad would shout with a whoop, "Another twist!"--"Twist!"--"Hurrah! A Twist!" We were shocked every time, too, and clung to the edge of our seats with gleeful fascination and terror. 

Last night Myrna and I watched it and I told her about Dad.  Much to my own glee, when the final twist came--and I mean the really final twist, when you think there couldn't possibly be any more final twists and everything is basically sorted out and done--yes, when the final twist came she gasped.  And I knew how Dad felt.






1 comment:

  1. Oh I adore Charade. Which of course you knew. And the final twist is absolutely the best one :-)

    ReplyDelete