March 18, 2011

Tired, Hungry, Happy

via
I'm going to be a godmother | It was so cute how many people were wearing green yesterday.  I wish everyone wore green every day. | But at the pub last night the "green" was decidedly more obnoxious | There has been a grapefruit sitting on my desk for 2 weeks now. | My to-do list is 3 pages long and totally illegible. | Going to the theater with my favorite theater buddies, one visiting from Colorado. | We're seeing Oscar Wilde.  I love him. | Calling your home parish when you haven't been registered at a parish for five years feels like going to confession when you haven't gone to confession for five years. | On the plus side, my new pastor said he'd vouch for me, but only if I went to confession more than once a year. | (He was teasing. Sort of. I love him.) | Oh, Japan.  It's been a week. My heart aches for you. | "Even among these rocks, our peace in His will." | I get to meet, finally, Myrna's best friend today.  We'll get her to DC semi-permanently yet. | Turns out my favorite quote from An Ideal Husband is not actually from the play: "To look at a thing is very different from seeing it, for one never sees anything till one sees it's beauty." | In ten days I am going to have a spiritual daughter.  I don't even know where to begin to prepare for this. | But I pray I will see her, and, in some small way teach her to see. | I do know exactly what I'm going to buy my goddaughter.| "I thought at least she'd be good for a present." | (Bet you can't guess.) | The age old question on a Friday in Lent: pizza or thai? | I need a new mug and a new pair of heels. | #1 priority while shopping for these two items: comfort. | Yes.  Mugs can be comfortable. (Shoes, on the other hand...)  | There's a Facebook meme going around: "Name the first five friends on your profile.  They are your Zombie army.  Will you survive?" | My first four FB friends are my mom, sister, brother, and grandmother. | Yes, I'll survive. | I can't wait till my goddaughter is older and I can tell her about how her mom was my first friend. | In the meantime, I'm going to go eat my grapefruit.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this random spilling of thoughts, Mags. It is a window into your soul. It is wonderful and beautiful and full of love....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza or Thai? Either way, slap some meat on that for dinner, because it's a Solemnity! No cheese sandwich for me, oh no... St. Joseph deserves bangers and mash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know in principle the Solemnity begins tonight...but if you're not part of a religious community...well...that sort of feels like cheating. But don't worry, tomorrow I shall feast!

    ReplyDelete