February 01, 2011

The Eternal City

Are you done with all this cold ice and snow and grey grey mess?  I know I am.  So I thought I'd take you on a little trip to Rome. Photographer Wayne Bremser put these photos up of Rome--but when were they taken? (via)

      
 


As a matter of fact, they were taken just last year on his recent visit to Rome.  The color photos are taken with Kodachrome, which adds to the retro feel (oh!  what color!)--but I love how timeless the scenes are.  If it weren't for the car in the photo above, I'd wonder if this was a still from Roman Holiday.


This might be my favorite--nuns and pilgrims eating gelato.  What a shot!


From a museum in Rome.  Stunning.


Ah!  But for the two tourists on the left this could be 1947, 1960, 1982, whenever.  These photos really just took my breath away. I hope they brighten your afternoon, too.  See all of them here.

1 comment:

  1. awesome pictures! I want that yellow dress!

    ReplyDelete