January 31, 2011

Mini House Tour #1

I realize I haven't shown many photos of "Cranford" our apartment.  Mostly this is because we keep adding things and rearranging the dining room. But now I think the main part of the house is pretty set.  I have a lot of work to do in my room, still.  RCA is lending me a beautiful wood bed, but it is, alas, very low to the ground.  As a result, I lost all my under-bed storage, and now just have too much stuff out.  Sometimes I just want to pile it all up and throw it out.  But then I realize they are all books and that I couldn't possibly throw them out because someday I fully intend on having a house that looks like this.  Or this.  Or this.  In the meantime, I need to box them up and put them in the back of my closet. Oh!  The Agony!

So here are some photos of the place over the last couple months (I'll do more next week. Need to get my film developed...):

This winter I promise to make a slipcover for that chair.  I promise.

Our dining room on Thanksgiving.  Usually the round table is in the center. We now have curtains!
Our kitchen has lots of shelves.  There's really no way of photographing it because it is so small and the light is bad,
but it is a great little kitchen with very efficient use of space.  I am a fan.
My awesome new mid-century oak bed.  More on it later. Linens are Marimekko by Crate and Barrell.
Crazy patterns in my bedroom.

My desk is buried under papers, so I sit here to blog. That's It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on the computer.

2 comments:

  1. What charming chairs! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great light in that first shot! so inviting...

    ReplyDelete