January 28, 2011

Clippings: LIFE!

Via

Well, I am only going to post one thing today. Last Saturday was the 38th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade, and this monday, my sister, Myrna, Stearns and I joined 200,000 other men and women (young and old!) to serve as a witness to the great horror of abortion in our time. I have nothing to say about this except that when I think of the 53,000,000 lives lost, 1/3 of my generation, and 1/3 of the current generation here in America, I just want to weep.

The debate has been rehashed a million times. And looking at the numbers, it is easy to loose hope entirely. But the personal stories inspire me to carry on. This, then, is what I offer to you all to read and ponder and discuss. It is an incredibly powerful witness about one mother's experience with Abortion. It brought me to tears:
But who can fathom so many lives, so many faces, so much laughter that our world is bereft of?

We can't. But maybe if I tell you one story, what we have lost will be clearer.

It wasn't so many years ago that the Ogre and I were driving away from Fort Worth toward the country with grand plans to get away from the lights of the city so we could see the stars of the Milky Way. We were tired of school and tired of life and we wanted to find something in life that was miraculous, something that we could marvel at. We stopped at Taco Bell on the way. About fifteen minutes later the Ogre pulled over and I leaned out of the truck and vomited.

We turned around and went back to the Ogre's house. I was sick all night and still nauseous and tired the next day. Around noon I drove down to CVS and bought a pregnancy test. The girl behind the counter said, "Is this a good thing?"

I can't imagine what possessed her to ask that, but the answer was definitely no.

Read the whole story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment