October 08, 2010

Cookbook Shopping List

Ok, so, I clearly have not gotten caught up after my trip home (which, by the way, was A-W-E-S-O-M-E). I haven't posted, as promised, the guest post on Little Lamb Books (Tuesday...I promise! And it's going to be awesome!).  I haven't even done my laundry, and I only halfway unpacked my bag.  Work's been crazy, and I've had reverse jet-lag and been going to bed at 8 or 9 pm.  And yes, I have eaten Macaroni and Cheese every night this week.  And I therefore have no business sharing recipes with you.

So, instead, I am just going to list for you all the cookbooks I am dying to get my hands on right now.  And then you won't hear another word from me today.  (Sorry, loves.  There's only so much I can do.)












Ok.  I don't know what these are.  I think plums stuffed with ricotta.  But don't you want to devour them?  From Canal House Cooking Volume N°4 Farm Markets & Gardens which also happens to have a bunch of canning and preserves.  And is therefore awesome.

  






This came out in the spring and I still have not gotten it yet, but I adore it.  Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights: Recipes for Every Season, Mood, and Appetite





I almost bought this book while I was in Napa.  Tartine is one of the best bakeries in San Francisco--legendary, in fact.  And now they have a cookbook. And it's amazing: Tartine 

  





Salted? Um.  Yes.  






Ok, this one is bought and on its way.  I cannot wait to try some of these recipes out.







I have been a faithful reader of Dorie Greenspan's monthly food newsletter forever, so I was thrilled to hear that she has written a book about French cooking. I haven't seen it yet, but her style is approachable and flavorful, but humble as well as refined.  I'm not much of a French cook, though I love French food, so maybe this will be a kicker for me.  Hope so.






  
And one more jam book: The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook.  I spied this at Bay Books in San Diego (but bought It's a Book instead).  The Blue Chair Jams ladies are based in Oakland (yay!), and have a pretty awesome blog (which I only just discovered.  What is wrong with me?).  With flavors like Lemon and Pear Marmalade and Strawberry-Blood Orange Marmalade with Rosemary:  I clearly need to purchase some of their jams, too.






Last but definitely not least, my favorite celebrity chef has a new book out. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Nigella Kitchen. I have such a girl-crush on her.  And adore all her recipes.  Come to think of it, I stole her last book (Nigella Express) from Mom and still haven't given it back...and don't really feel ashamed. See what you make me do, Nigella?!  

P.S. Don't forget Time for Dinner!  (Have I mentioned lately how much I love Jenny Rosenbach?  I do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment