August 11, 2010

A Look At Beirut


Behind the Scenes • Fire in Damascus from Corpus Christi Watershed on Vimeo.


My good friend Eric Hinojosa has been working on a bunch of really awesome film projects (that was his work recording the Newman Chapel, which I posted a few months ago), including the above film with the Christian arts organization, Corpus Christi Watershed. Check out his amazing view of Beirut, in the film above. My favorite clips are at the very end of all the kids of Beirut--they're wonderful!
I hope that in watching this video, you've seen a different side of Lebanon and the Middle East. Everyone talks about the bombs. Everyone talks about the wars. But guess what: that's only one part of it. Most of the time people are just living, like you and me.
--Eric Hinojosa
Plus, check out a trailer for the film he's working on, Fire in Damascus, here. You can find out more about Eric here, and more about Corpus Christi Watershed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment