July 08, 2010

DIY: Coffee Can Lanterns


I had to share this charming DIY from Design*Sponge.  It's not really anything new, but I had totally forgotten about these fun little punctured lanterns until I saw this yesterday.  You see, no matter what time of year it is, we have to have the air conditioning on when we have a party.  Our apartment gets so hot.  (Even during the snowpocalypse party, we had the fans blowing, and for a short time, the windows open.)  But all our candlesticks drip all over the place.  They've already ruined several tablecloths.  (We don't really care; we use them anyway.)

So I've been on the hunt for some hurricanes at local thrift stores, but in the meantime, I think I'll hammer out a few of these adorable pin-prick lanterns using coffee and vegetable cans.  You can paint the cans too, to make them all the more festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment