May 11, 2010

Yes, Prime Minister

All this back and forth in England over the elections is making my head spin.  And while I do like Cameron (or, rather, I like his adviser, Philip Blond), I find that I don't care enough to continue following it.

Instead, I am spending all evening watching episodes of Yes, Prime MinisterI've posted about Yes, Prime Minister before, but you probably don't remember.  So I'm telling you now: not only does it have the brilliant Nigel Hawthorne and Paul Eddington, but it is also one of the funniest satires of modern British politics (and for that matter all beuracracy) of its time.  Here are some clips, thanks to the BBC YouTube Channel (which, by the way, is awesome: they have entire playlists dedicated to the best shows, like this, A Bit of Fry and Laurie, and Fawlty Towers).



 
 

 
 


Both Yes, Prime Minister and its precursor Yes, Minister are available on Netflix instant veiw. 

2 comments:

  1. Each one better than the last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DavidCameronIsMyManCrush12:06 PM

    There's been quite the back and forth in Scotland and Wales (and to an extent in the Six Counties) as well...

    You should also check out The Thick of It, also by the BBC. It does have some colourful language but the major character is Scottish, and even my mother finds it hilarious.

    ReplyDelete