May 01, 2010

The Golden Hour #1

In an effort to expand the purview of this blog, I am starting a new weekly feature.  Every Saturday afternoon, I will offer a quote and an image that inspire me.  I'm calling it "The Golden Hour" not only because of todays quote, but also because that is my favorite time of day: the late afternoon, when the shadows are long and the light is gold and all seems right with the world.  I don't want to miss any more of these golden hours, and I hope you won't either.  This is just a gentle reminder.
 
 




From Swarthmore in Spring 2



You must have been warned against letting
the golden hours slip by.  Yes, but some of them
are golden only because we let them slip.
--J. M. Barrie, May 3, 1922

1 comment:

  1. M-Just catching up on your blog (when I should be in bed!) and this entry reminded me of Days of Heaven--have you seen it? If not, you should. It's been a while since I've seen it, but it's almost all shot during what they called the "magic hour" just before dusk. It's beautiful!

    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete