March 01, 2010

Art + Charity


I love love love this print from The Working Proof, an online art gallery that contributes to charitable causes with each purchase. Fifteen percent of each sale of this particular print, by Susan Schwake, goes to Doctors Without Borders.*

I also love the idea of comissioning artists to create a work of art for a specific charity. It's not a new idea, but I feel like Catholics don't do enough of this. Well, I'll have to work on facilitating it for some of my own favorite causes and charities (listed in the right sidebar, down towards the bottom, in case you're interested.)

*DWB strikes me as a great cause, and they've done amazing work in Haiti, but I haven't actually done research on them--they may have pro-abortion policies; I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment