March 25, 2010

Annunciation + Blog Break

The Annunciation, by Henry Ossawa Tanner (1898; Philadelphia Museum of Art)
   
Hi Friends! Happy Feast of the Annunciation! I hope you'll be celebrating somehow.

I'm really just popping in to tell you I'm taking the next week and a half off here at 10KP. I'll be back Easter Monday, but I am putting myself on a technology fast from now through Holy Week. My LLB posts are pre-scheduled, so keep checking back there for more of my favorite religious picture books. I'm sorry that this means I won't have any tasty Easter recipes to share. But I'll bet you have traditions of your own for Easter and don't care what I make.

I pray you all have a blessed Holy Week, and will see you after Easter!

Oh, and ps: I now officially wish I had an iPhone, so I could download this Stations of the Cross app, which features art by dear Michael O'Brien, and meditations from John Paul II's Biblical Way of the Cross by Amy Welborn and Michael Dubriel (developed by Ave Maria Press).

Oh, and pps: Though this is usually only performed at Christmas, if you have seven minutes and twenty-seven seconds sometime today, listen to this "angelus" by Franz Biebl, performed by Chanticleer (it's my favorite!):

No comments:

Post a Comment