My favorite independant publisher is having a sale for Christmas: everything is 35% off, and they have free shipping. Enter the code "Friends" at check out and you can have all you christmas shopping for me done in a flash, with huge discounts. On my Chronicle Books Wishlist:
1. Wave, by Suzy Lee, which was voted one of the top ten illustrated books of the year by the New York Times. (Illustration left.)
2. A Year of Mornings: 3191 Miles Apart, by Maria Alexandra Vettese and Stephanie Congdon Barnes, based on the photographs from their photo-blog, 3191.
3. Any of their cookbooks, but especially The New California Cook by Diane Rossen Worthington.
4. Moleskin's City Notebook: Washington DC Edition, which is the perfect building it yourself city guide/little black book. I'm dying for one.
5. Little Hoot, By Amy Krouse Rosenthal, Illustrated by Jen Corace; from the authors of Little Pea (one of my favorite picture books from last year, is another delightful tale, this time about going to bed.
At this price, Spoon, maybe you can get those coloring books you've been eyeing.